Do you know the best thing about study in uk for indian students does it allow students to combine courses and specializations from various disciplines? to chase higher education in the UK, which is reputed to have the best education system in the world, opens the door to a plethora of opportunities. Do you want study in uk? This blog provides a comprehensive guide to study in the UK for Indian students, including costs, requirements, scholarships, top universities and more!
Study in UK Requirements:-
Here are the main requirements to study in the UK that you must meet when applying to a UK university:
- To be admitted to an undergraduate program, students must have a 50 percent or higher in Standard XII.
- For PG programs, a degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree will be considered. Students must have a second division bachelor’s degree or higher.
English language prerequisites
Since the scorecard for these tests is valid for two years, students should familiarize themselves with the university calendar and carefully apply for admission.
|Test||Average mark required|
|IELTS||6.0 – 6.5|
|TOEFL||80 – 90|
|AND P||56 – 61|
- All official transcripts and transcripts.
- Passport size photos.
- A photocopy of your passport.
- UK student visa
- Curriculum vitae revised
- Portfolio (if requested or required)
- English proficiency test scores
- GMAT/GRE results
- Letters of recommendation
- Declaration of Intent
- Research proposal (for PG Research)
In the UK, undergraduate programs last three years and postgraduate programs one year, saving students time and money.
Cost of studying in the UK For Indian students
Apart from tuition fees, the cost of studying in the UK includes accommodation, visa, daily expenses, transportation, etc. Here are the costs of studying in the UK:
|Education level (by year)||Tuition fees (GBP)|
|U G||8000-9000 (INR 7,10,000 INR-8,00,000) – maximum 30000 (27,00,000 INR)|
|PG||12000-15000 (INR 10,70,000-13,00,000) – up to 35000 (INR 31,00,000).|
The cost of living in the UK
Expense Type – Cost in GBP and INR
Visa application fee: GBP 348 (INR 35,834)
Accommodation: GBP 500 (INR 51,486) per month
Transportation: 150-200 GBP (15,445 INR to 19,844 INR)
Food: 150-200 GBP per month (INR 14,883 to INR 20,594)
Clothing and leisure: £50 per month (INR 5,148)
Telephone and mobile: GBP 50 (INR 5,148) per month
Popular scholarships to study in UK for Indian students
Many scholarships and fellowships are available for study in uk for indian students. Here are the top UK scholarships you should look into if you want to study in the UK for free:
- Chevening Scholarships
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
- Hornby Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Scheme
- Felix Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarship
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Charles Wallace India Trust (CWIT) Scholarships
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships
Here are the most popular courses to study in the UK for Indian students after the 12th:
- International trade
Arts & Humanities Anthropology and Archeology
- English literature
- Mass communication
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Science (non-medical)
- automotive engineering
- Public works
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial engineer
- Molecular sciences
- Animal sciences
- Earth Science
Tuition fees for post-secondary education in the UK
In the UK, the average tuition fees for undergraduate courses range from £5086 to £7629 (approximately INR 5,22,585 – INR 7,83,873). [indicative] Of course, this will depend on the type you choose, such as a full-fledged business degree or degree, medical degree, etc.
The most affordable university in the UK
International students can enroll in low-cost study programs in a number of British universities. Each of the universities listed here has a nice campus and provides students with high-quality education, infrastructure, and services. Want to know where to study for the cheapest in the UK? here are the cheapest universities in ukbased on average annual tuition fees:
|The cheapest universities in the UK||Estimated average tuition fees in GBP||Estimated average tuition fees in INR|
|University of Greenwich||£14,100||14.48,000,000|
|Anglia Ruskin University||£14,000||14.38,000,000|
|University of Chester||£12,950||13.30,000,000|
|University of West London||£13,250||13.61,000,000|
|Leeds Beckett University||£14,000||14.38,000,000|
|University of Wolverhampton||£13,950||14.33,000,000|
Without IELTS you can study in UK for Indian students.
A surprisingly understated fact about studying in the UK is that students can do it without taking the IELTS! With the ongoing pandemic, many international universities have decided to relieve the pressure on international students by waiving IELTS or alternative requirements such as proof in English for Class XI and XII.
Universities in the UK that do not require IELTS:-
Visa for students in the UK
Here are the two main types of UK student visa available for students studying in the UK:
Tier 4 Student Visa – Student visa for a limited time
- This visa is for students who are 16 years of age or older and enrolled in a course that will last longer than 11 months. – This visa is for students who wish to enroll in a short course.
- You must obtain your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) or letter of acceptance from the institution where you have applied to study. These courses have a maximum duration of 11 months.
Documents required for UK student visa
- A valid passport (must have a validity of more than 6 months from the date of visa application)
- Evidence of financial stability
- Details of your travel plans and where you intend to live.
- Report on a health check
- Maintain a blank page in your passport for visa
- Once you have gathered all the documents, double check to make sure everything is in English. Otherwise, you will need to hire a certified translator who can translate them all into English.
You must sign, submit your application form, schedule an appointment, pay the application fee and collect your receipt. You will need to visit the Application Center to complete all remaining requirements. It is recommended that you apply for a visa three months before the start of your course to study in the UK.
UK visa fees
- UK Tier 4 student visa application fee: £348 (approximately INR 28,650).
- Short term student visa application fee: £97 [approximately 7,990 INR] for a 6 month visa and £186 [approximately 15,300 INR] for an 11 month visa.
Masters in UK
The UK is the preferred destination for graduates and working professionals. MBA, Data Science, Supply Chain Management, Nursing, Psychology, Marketing, Architecture, and Finance are some of the most popular courses among students. Masters students can enjoy various benefits by studying in the country and applying for a post-study work visa for 2-3 years.
Masters Programs at Top Universities in the UK
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- imperial college london
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Edinburgh University
- King’s College London
- University of Warwick
- University of Manchester
- University of Bristol
- University of Glasgow
- University of Birmingham
- University of Southampton
Popular Masters Programs
For Indian students, masters in uk offer a wide range of specialization courses as well as a variety of electives that can help students broaden their knowledge in their fields. Here are some of the most popular specializations among international students:
- fine arts
- Finances and investments
- Data analysis
- Human Resource Management
- Global MBA
- cyber security
- Graphic design
- Computer science
- cyber security
- Nuclear sciences
- engineering management
- Software engineering
- Construction project management
- Biomedical and biomolecular sciences
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Data Science
- Actuarial Science
- Global Politics
As mentioned earlier, continue higher education in the UK will not only help you improve your professional skills, but will also open the door to a plethora of opportunities thanks to the wide range of study programs offered by world-renowned universities. The overall tuition fees in the UK may be slightly higher due to the high quality of education provided by the institutes. Scholarships or aids offered by government and universities, on the other hand, can significantly reduce this.
Leave a Reply